Congratulations to Devin Miracco and Robbie Smith of Union County (NC) EMS on their victory in the 2006 Carolina Competition. They are the first team in Carolina Competition history to win the event twice.
With a history dating back to 1997, this event has become the "yardstick" by which all other EMS Competitions are measured.
The Carolina Competition has grown very quickly because of the uniqueness of the event. A team of two members compete against other teams of two members from both Carolinas in an extremely realistic, scenario-based competition. The teams work out of their own emergency units, using their own supplies and equipment, on patients that have some of the most demanding injuries you can imagine (and you will wonder how we ever imagined them, too). There are two separate scenarios and an optional, written exam competition as well.
Services may register a maximum of four teams each. Only one emergency vehicle will be required per service. All judging and grading of the teams is done on National Standards and Guidelines to ensure that all teams entered, no matter what state they may be from, will have a "fair playing (competing) field."
The Continuation of A New Tradition...
Services Competing in Past Years:
- Union County (NC) EMS * 2006 Champions *
- Anson County (NC) EMS * 2005 Champions *
- Union County (NC) E.M.S. * 2004 Champions *
- Stanly County (NC) E.M.S. * 2003 Champions *
- FirstHealth E.M.S. (Hoke) * 2002 Champions *
- Darlington County E.M.S. * 2001 Champions *
- Dunn Rescue Squad * 2000 Champions *
- Cumberland County E.M.S. * 1999 Champions *
- Greenville County E.M.S. * 1998 Champions *
- Charleston County E.M.S. * 1997 Champions *
- Moore County (NC) E.M.S.
- Spartanburg E.M.S.
- Forsyth County E.M.S.
- Sumter County E.M.S.
- Cheraw Rescue Squad
- McLeod Heartreach
- Central Carolina A.L.S.
- Horry County Fire/Rescue
- LIFELINK C.C.T.
- Pageland Rescue Squad
- FirstHealth E.M.S. Chesterfield
- FirstHealth E.M.S. Chatham
- Colleton County E.M.S.
- Latta Rescue Squad
Dr. Kevin A. Jasinski
Ph: (843) 523-5291 - Days
(910) 276-5509 - Eve.
PICTURES FROM THE 2003 CAROLINA COMPETITION
(Held in Pinehurst, North Carolina)
PICTURES FROM THE 2002 CAROLINA COMPETITION
(Held in North Charleston, South Carolina)
PICTURES FROM THE 2001 CAROLINA COMPETITION
(Held in McColl, South Carolina)
USE YOUR BROWSER'S "BACK" BUTTON TO RETURN TO THE PAGE YOU PREVIOUSLY VISITED